[RIFFRAFF PRESS RELEASE FOR TUESDAY JAN 6TH]
Riffraff reveals owner, Kirsten Blowers Stuckey, Awarded Dreamer Finalist of NRF Foundation “The List” of People Shaping Retail’s Future
Inaugural List Recognizes 25 Individuals as Power Players, Disruptors, Givers, Influencers and Dreamers
FAYETTEVILLE, ARKANSAS, JANUARY 6, 2015 – Shopriffraff.com announced Riffraff owner, Kirsten Blowers Stuckey, was selected as one of 25 individuals named to “The List of People Shaping Retail’s Future” created by the National Retail Federation Foundation. Stuckey will be recognized during the NRF Foundation’s Inaugural Gala on January 11, 2015 at Pier Sixty in New York City. The Gala will bring together industry leaders and executives, and “The List” Honorees to celebrate the imagination, inspiration and innovation at work in the retail industry.
The Host Committee:
June Ambrose, Designer
Joanne Bradford, Head of Partnerships, Pinterest
Stacey Bendet Eisner, CEO & Creative Director, Alice + Olivia
Jennifer Hyman, CEO & Co-Founder, Rent The Runway
Bert Jacobs, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Optimist, The Life Is Good
Lauren Bush Lauren, Founder and CEO, FEED
Jarrod C. Moses, Founder, President, and CEO, United Entertainment Group
Lisa M. Price, Founder Carol’s Daughter
Reshman Saujani, Founder, Girls Who Code
Jonathan D. Sokoloff, Managing Partner, Leonard Greens & Partners, L.P.
Martha Stewart, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Martha Stewart Living
Serena Williams, WTA #1 Ranked Tennis Player
The List is about recognizing the power players, disruptors, givers, influencers and
dreamers who are changing the face of retail – many doing so behind the scenes,”
said NRF Senior Vice President and Foundation Executive Director Ellen Davis.
“Unlike in any other industry, people interact with retail every single day, and these
25 individuals are making today’s innovative, customer-centric and unique
shopping experiences possible, collectively making up one of the most impressive
groups of professionals in retail.
“We are thrilled to be able to welcome The List honorees at our Gala to celebrate
the incredible contributions they have made to our industry,” continued Davis.
After a thorough selection process, the following 25 individuals were selected:
Disruptors: True originals who rock the boat with ideas so crazy, they just might
work. These are the people who make you rethink what you thought you knew
about retail, opening you up to new possibilities for your customers, your business
and your world.
• Adam Brotman, chief digital officer, Starbucks
• Rick J. Caruso, founder and ceo, Caruso Affiliated
• Darrell Cavens, ceo, zulily
• Julia Fowler, co-founder, EDITD
• Jeffery R. Sears, co-founder and ceo, PIRCH
Dreamers: Rising stars who might be light on experience, but their heart, energy,
and passion inspire everyone around them. They’re already making waves in their
store, company or hometown with their fresh ideas, big dreams and sky-high
goals—and lucky for us, they’re just getting warmed up.
• Kirsten Blowers Stuckey, owner, designer, buyer, ShopRiffraff.com
• Jane Dailey, president, co-founder and fashion fairy godmother, Hollywood
• Casey Gerald, co-founder and ceo, MBAs Across America
• Isabella Rose Taylor, fashion designer, artist and entrepreneur, ISABELLA
ROSE TAYLOR !Fashions !
Givers: Inspirational change-makers and big-hearted optimists who make retail
shine as a force for good. They see a need and use their skills and resources to fill it
to the brim, bringing joy and new opportunities to their companies, communities
and the whole wide world.
• Greg Buzek, co-founder and donor trustee, Retail Orphan Initiative (also,
president IHL Goup)
• Michael Levy, founder and president, Pet Food Express
• Lynn Marmer, group vice president, corporate affairs, The Kroger Co.
• Johnny Morris, founder and ceo, Bass Pro Shops
• Shawn R. Outler, group vice president, leased businesses, vendor
collaboration & multicultural business development, Macy’s, Inc.
• BG Gary M. Profit, U.S. Army (Retired), senior director, military programs,
Wal-mart Stores Inc.
!Influencers: Champions of retail bridge the gap between the industry and the rest
of the world. Whether they are a journalist, an activist, an innovator or a business
leader, these nominees don’t work in retail— but they’re helping it evolve. They’re
passionate, persistent and intelligent, and their work is paving the way for innovative
• Tom Buxton, president and ceo, Buxton Co.
• The Honorable Richard J. Durbin, United States Senator for Illinois
• Tonian Hohberg, founder, president and ceo, Fashion Institute of Design and
• David Moin, senior editor, retail, Women’s Wear Daily
• Deena Varshavskaya, founder and ceo, Wanelo !
Power Players: Fearless leaders never shy away from what others may see as
insurmountable challenges. These top retail executives have more than just elite
status—they have vision, passion and heart. Their forward-looking decisions have a
ripple effect across the industry, but they’re not afraid to take risks or push
boundaries. They guide, inspire, and, most importantly, challenge us to move
beyond the status quo.
• Margarita Arriagada, Chief Merchant, SEPHORA, Inc.
• Sona Chawla, president of digital and chief marketing officer, Walgreen Co.
• Jim Gold, president and chief merchandising officer, Neiman Marcus
• J. Paul Raines, ceo, GameStop
• Melissa Reiff, president and coo, The Container Store
The NRF Foundation shapes retail’s future by building awareness of the industry
through statistics and stories; developing talent through education, experiences and
scholarships; and fostering career growth among people who work in retail. The
NRF Foundation is the 501(c)(3) nonprofit arm of the National Retail Federation and
is funded in part by generous donations from retail industry supporters.